Withymead Nature Reserve has invited WPC Members to take part in an annual photo competition, exclusive to club members only, with the first being judged this Autumn. Please follow the link above to find out more about the reserve and how to book to visit on a public day. To enquire about a private visit please contact Pete Morton direct. Pete says that Thursdays are best for him.
A special trophy has been created by Pete from wood felled at the reserve especially for this competition.
Please see details of the rules and key dates below.
Withymead / WPC Photographic Competition Rules
- The Competition is open to members of WPC only. The member must be fully paid up on the closing date of the competition.
- Image must be taken at Withymead Nature Reserve on a public open day, or an exclusive WPC visit when the reserve is normally closed to the public. The latter can be arranged by the member OR by the WPC Committee.
- Image must be taken between 1st March and 30th September during the year of the competition. *
- Subject Material – open.
- One free entry per photographer.
- Additional images will be subject to an entry fee of £5.
- The image to be submitted as a jpg (1400 x 1050 pixels) via email@example.com
- Entries must be submitted to The Warden by 31st October.
- Entrants agree to allow Withymead free use of the image (with acknowledgement)
on their website, social media, advertising material / brochures and local newspaper.
- Judging will be by a panel of Withymead Trustees.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- Results will be announced by Withymead Trustees at the end of November.
- There will be 1st, 2nd & 3rd places with the 1st place only receiving a trophy.
- Trophy will be awarded at the WPC Christmas Social.
- The award will be a returnable wooden trophy turned by The Warden using wood
felled at Withymead.
- The winning image will be displayed at Withymead with a list of winners alongside. .